Sunday 1 July 2012

Hand in Hand







Two brothers, Tom and James, working together, influencing other since they were small children.
Born in 77 and 81 respectively, both men were destined to be artists, as this very short, must-see video shows.

Their "worlds of experience" are very different; Tom & James Draw is an ongoing exchange between insider and outsider art, a unique collaboration between two brothers, two artists, one of whom has Down's Syndrome.

The brothers will be exhibiting their recent work, rich in colour and beautiful mark making, at the Sheffer Gallery in Sydney from 10th July onwards. 

Few things are as inspiring as this, try and get to see their show if you can!



4 comments:

  1. I'd come across these two brothers before on tumblr…I just love the exuberance and unpretentiousness of their work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! What an incredible duo creating
    true "out there" art...
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the introduction. i am so intrigued now and off to find out more x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collaborative art always amazes me. This is such a loving exchange. The work is just lovely. I'll check out the video. Wish I could catch the show.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!