Sunday 10 June 2012

The Birds and The Bees, Yes Please!





 How do you bring the beauty of the countryside to a city home? Well, that was the task of interior designer Soňa Malinová for the Czech Lifestyle TV show Bydleni je hra and I really love the ideas she came up with.


Inspired by hides, beehives and rabbit hutches, Sona designed and made three pieces of fun, versatile furniture for a child's room. I know my younger kids would absolutely adore the hide-cum-playden-cum-rest/reading area, complete with painted trees (magnetic paint decorated with bird pictures cut out from magazines, wrapped with foil and attached with magnets), and I would jump at the chance
to buy the hive and rabbit hutch furniture, which can be used for storing toys and clothes.



 (Bunnies by Andrea Tachezy)

 

In addition to presenting Bydleni je hra (Living is a Play) (300,000 viewers a week), Sona works closely with a handful of design and decoration magazines (Elle Decoration, Marianne Bydleni, etc.). She has her own online shop Malina Design and has designed various lines of furniture, like Sysal, which just slots together like a puzzle. She is looking to manufacture her prototypes.

Country in the city... I can't help thinking she's onto something good here, now all she needs is some financial / industrial backing...


 images and designs © Soňa Malinová

2 comments:

  1. I hope she gets the backing to start manufacturing these. They are so warm and multi-functional, just seems like a no brainer for investing. Best wishes to her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!