Wednesday 17 February 2010

Dessine moi un ...chien

Where do you turn when you need some fresh inspiration for designing a new range of children's furniture? Why, to kids, of course! Designer Quentin de Coster asked a group of five-year olds to draw some tables and dogs, then reinterpreted and transformed their artwork into an intuitive dog-table. Both fun and practical (the head doubles up as a storage space) this work brings to mind IWashin's fairyland kindergarten-inspired chairs and Vitra's porcupine table designed by Hella Jongerius.

(via)

5 comments:

  1. what a child-friendly design!
    LOVE the blue with the natural wood.
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. does it also come in yellow? ;-) hey i also love those antique typewriter stickers you posted on tumblr. WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just how my son would draw a dog. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My children are a constant source of inspiration for me, so it's great to see I'm not the only designer that uses this inexhaustible high energy Haribo charged reference!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PERFECT!!! My favorite colors blue and white:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!